Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Green Non-Monster


Another gratuitous Boston baseball reference for you today.

Or is it? The print is intended to be a seascape, but with a white shape in a green field (pun intended) on the paper now, I could end up with anything. Including a monster. Or not.

This photo reveals a lot of my process. For example, my registrations secret is exposed! The wood fits snugly into a hole I cut into a piece of mat board. I then tape metal pins to that and each time I put down a new piece of paper for printing, I add corresponding plastic tabs. They are taped to the back of the prints. When it is time for layer two, all I have to do is fit the tabs on the pins and the prints will line up nearly perfectly. It also prevents the whole thing from sliding around while printing. Not surprisingly, this is called the "pins and tabs method."

Through the turquoise sheen on the block, you can make out the transferred drawing a little. Including some color notes I added before I started carving. I have a picture of that too. Sounds like we have a topic for tomorrow. We'll see if we can fit baseball in too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...