Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Flipped

© 2016 Hannah Phelps

The embarrassing truth is that when I mixed ink for this, layer 4, I only ended up with two new hues. The violet-y in the background trees and the darker green in the closer trees. 

I was going to add a layer to the grasses, but I completely forgot about it somehow. I had carved the appropriate shapes and planned all along to include that area in this layer. Hours after I had cleaned up the inking glass and put everything away and moved onto a different project, I realized my mistake.

Instead of creating a new mess, I decided I could just print the trees and not worry about the grasses until next time. The grass would a little behind, but so be it.

When it was time to print, I had an idea:  "What happens if I roll the already-mixed yellow from layer 1 back on top of layer 3.... And I liked it! Problem solved, progress made, grasses defined and a wicked cool (as in color temperature) grey in the marsh popping with the yellow.

Yippee for serendipitous "oversights". 

__________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...