Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Older and Newer

white-line woodcut, carving in progress

For a few weeks, we've talked about printing white-line woodcuts over several months or years. 

Today, you are seeing a block that is partly carved. I transferred the image last week sometime and I've been steadily carving ever since. The black lines haven't been touched yet

This block does have a few things in common with Low Tide Seat. For one thing, the image is from a painting I did in 2012 called Neighbor's House.

And the drawing that I transferred was started last August. 

Low Tide Seat has yielded a bunch of successful impressions over the years. This block has yet to bear any prints. Hopefully, that won't take too long.

 

Neighbor's House, oil on canvas, 14"x11"
Available - contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...